[reportlab-users] Table column width - problem with >2 cols

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Jan 26 13:06:52 EST 2007

Juha Tuomala wrote:

> On Friday 26 January 2007 13:34, Robin Becker wrote:

>> unfortunately paragraph supports

>> <link> tags </link>

>> link attributes

>> fontName

>> fontSize

>> textColor

>> backColor

>> href

>> The href can be a URI or can have a special scheme

>> document: is a link to the current document

>> pdf: is a link to another pdf document.

> mmm, thanks, I got quite good grip from this but one thing

> still remains unclear.

> Is it possible at all to create internal link in platypus

> environment? I know that canvas supports it but canvas is

> not available in platypus context and not even always

> in flowables.

> I'd skimmed through all docs and most examples, tried few

> combinations without luck :-/ Googled the same question too

> but it did'nt have an answer.

Flowables are decorated with the canvas at certain times. The canvas is
available as self.canv in the draw, wrap and split methods (more recently we
started adding ._frame). I think this daftness results from early python
problems with memory being eaten up when circular loops are created so we
avoided setting the top level contexts onto the children for fear of creating
loops. The difficulty in general is that I can assemble the story elements long
before the canvas even exists so its hard to ensure we always have the canvas
and other contexts.