[reportlab-users] Table column width - problem with >2 cols

Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Fri Jan 26 12:47:07 EST 2007

On Friday 26 January 2007 13:34, Robin Becker wrote:

> unfortunately paragraph supports

> <link> tags </link>

> link attributes

> fontName

> fontSize

> textColor

> backColor

> href

> The href can be a URI or can have a special scheme

> document: is a link to the current document

> pdf: is a link to another pdf document.

mmm, thanks, I got quite good grip from this but one thing
still remains unclear.

Is it possible at all to create internal link in platypus
environment? I know that canvas supports it but canvas is
not available in platypus context and not even always
in flowables.

I'd skimmed through all docs and most examples, tried few
combinations without luck :-/ Googled the same question too
but it did'nt have an answer.

> Whether it's correct to use html element names in PDF is another matter. The

> a(anchor) tag has two meanings link and target; I suppose if people wanted it we

> could actually have a as an alias for link.

After all mess in the Web, I'd rather see very strict
and clean XML/XHTML approach to everything. For the question
of should it be a <link> or <a> I'd rather see same
syntax, no need to switch context in head when programming
with reportlab or web.

Aliases in other hand would create more alternative solutions
and thus make things more confusing for newbies.

BR,

Tuju

--
Ajatteleva ihminen tarvitsee unta.