[reportlab-users] including image files

7ep25q902 at sneakemail.com 7ep25q902 at sneakemail.com
Mon May 1 08:29:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

Is it possible to use reportlab to include image files generated with other tools (e.g., Adobe Illustrator). For instance, I see that there is a Canvas.addPostScriptCommand method. Why doesn't it work to just insert the eps file as a string through that?

Or failing that, are there standard command line tools for superimposing pdfs onto each other to mimic that effect?

I know you can include images by paying for pagecatcher, but the 15,000+ GBP license is about 500 times beyond my price range at the moment.

Thanks,
alexis