[reportlab-users] Re: Damaged pdf file in release mode Compile
tz at ingenion.de
Wed Apr 26 10:48:14 EDT 2006
Am Mittwoch, 19. April 2006 14:25 schrieb Thomas Zehbe:
> > Perhaps you should (as a first effort) disable all optimizations
> > in your release build, check if the program is working, and then
> > - step by step - enable the differenz optimizer options again.
> > Just my 0,02 EUR
> > Henning
> Hi Henning,
> Thanks for your hint! But I think your case doesn't apply because I'm using
> the python lib "as is". I simply call a hand full of functions from that
> lib from a single C++ objects method. And as the calling convention remains
> the same in optimized code all the parameters should be pushed on the stack
> as usual. There must be something wrong in the executables environment or
> But I'll test switching off the optimizer for the sources which include
just a short info of what I found out. There is something wrong with the
environment. I've isolated the problen in an wxApp application stub.
Generating the report with embedded python works just until there is a
wxLocale::Init() call 'before' generating a report. This is independent from
calling Py_initialize() before or after wxLocale::Init(). What's silly is
that this happens only in release mode.
I put a #pragma optimize("",off) in the stub and my python calling function
but the problem remains. I assume that the problem lies in the wxWigets
release libs. But putting a pragma in the intl.cpp source didn't help, too.
Now I'll put a question on the wxWidgets mailing list hoping that someone
leads me out of the dark :-)
Anyway, thanks for your efforts.
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Zehbe
Fon: 05043 / 40 57 904
Fax: 05043 / 40 57 907
More information about the reportlab-users