[reportlab-users] Printing problems

Mark Saward msaward at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 16 00:44:49 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm having troubles with a pdf output I've created.  It's to print on sticker
labels, each label being 38.1mm * 21.2mm.  When I print this, I need to turn
off scaling, but then it prints perfectly into the boundaries of the
stickers.

However, I take this to other printers and suddenly it no longer prints
correctly...offset, like the margins are not correct.  The interesting thing
is, my script to generate the pdf is using exact measurements for the sticker
width+height, the bottom of the page and the left of the page to the start of
the stickers.  In other words, I use measurements to create the pdf, not
trial and error to fit the printer that works.

Why wouldn't this work?  Do some printers not print exactly?  I think that
only 1/4 printers tried so far works correctly.

The other question I have is if it's possible to specify within a pdf to
disable scaling for a pdf by default?  It seems to use scaling as a default
option.

Thanks,
Mark Saward