[reportlab-users] Re: Visual Editor.

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Thu Nov 24 16:23:16 EST 2005

Andy Robinson wrote:
> Andreas Kaiser wrote:
>
>> On the wxPython mailing list I have initiated a discussion for a
>> reporting framework based ONLY on wxPython. One point in this
>> discussion is the need for a visual editor for reporttemplates. RL is
>> mentioned often.

I just signed up for the wx list.  I am not committing
to wxPython just yet, but want to find out how many building blocks exist.

If we have any proponents of the other major GUI frameworks
(pyGTK, PyQT, whatever) on this list, please see how much useful stuff
exists as a starting point.

It's very important to me that anything we do is fairly easy to install
on Windows and OS X, without needing a bunch of unix-emulation
libraries; I've had a real battle getting GIMP and Sketch running in the
past.  I have always like wxPython in this regard.

- Andy