[reportlab-users] LayoutError: Flowable to large when using multiBuild

Britt Hibbert bhibbert at citrus.textdriven.com
Fri Nov 11 03:27:48 EST 2005

Hi again all.

 I am workin on adding a table of contents to my report. I can see that in order for the table of contents to work I need to call multiBuild instead of build on my doc template. I have added a multiBuild to my doc template that is identical to the build in SimpleDocTemplate, except that it calls BaseDocTemplate.multiBuild instead of build at the end of the method. When I call multiBuild instead of build, I get the following error:

  File "doctemplate.py", line 586, in handle_flowable
    raise LayoutError("Flowable %s too large on page %d" % (f.identity(30), self.page))
LayoutError: Flowable <Table at 19270512 9 rows x 7 cols> with cell(0,0) containing
'<Paragraph at 19020296>' too large on page 8

When I comment out my bigger tables and images from being added to my Story, I do not get this error and the table of contents works perfectly. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help
Britt Hibbert