[reportlab-users] Can't find .pfb for face 'Times-Roman'

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Sun May 29 18:55:55 EDT 2005

Max M wrote:

> I have googled aroound and it seems that I am missing the
> 'Times-Roman' file '_er_____.pfb'.
>
> I have downloaded the latest version of Acrobat (7.01) but the file is
> not in it's font path. Neither was it in the old 6.0 path. Or anywhere
> else on my c: drive.
>
> I cannot find the '_er_____.pfb' file on adobe.com, or anywhere else
> on the web for that matter.
>
> So I wonder if there is a workaround... to use another default font,
> to set the font directly or where to download it from?

Is it because it's a stupid question that no one answers, or is it
because there is no solution?

My use case is that I have written a radar-like graph, and now want it
in a web compatible format for previewing.

I cannot generate web formats like png, gif and jpg because I am missing
a font.

It's an odd situation that I cannot use the package because I cannot
find a font file that it depends on. Am I really the only one with the
problem?

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/