[reportlab-users] newby: is importing eps possible?

andy at reportlab.com andy at reportlab.com
Mon May 23 07:10:05 EDT 2005

> So my question: is there any way to embed eps files in pdfs generated
by pdfgen/platipus?

No.  You would need to use an external application to preprocess
them to a bitmap.

If the number of images is known and finite then lots
of packages can do this - Gimp, Paintshop Pro etc.

If the images variable then I think Ghostscript can do eps->bitmap.
The Python Imaging Library can also do it 'to some extent' -
I don't think it supports all the features of PostScript but
it is worth a try.

Hope this helps,

Andy Robinson