[reportlab-users] using reportlab derivatives

will at phototropia.org will at phototropia.org
Fri Dec 2 20:50:51 EST 2005

Friends:
     There are now several extensions/adaptions/forks to reportlab that
are different projects.  Reportlab has worked VERY well for me, and I
am looking at using pythonpoint but find other third party
versions/extensions.  From reading the mailing lists, it looks like
the reportlab developers have had issue with some of those forking
reportlab.  It looks like these are mostly issues with those forking
not informing reportlab of their plans.
    However, I don't want to be unloyal to a library that has worked for
me, and I am appreciative for releasing such a functional utility.  Is
it cool to use these derivatives, or are there any moral/loyalty
issues here for the enduser?(As they are gpl, I know these are not
legal issues)

Thanks,
Will