[reportlab-users] pythonpoint and unicode?

Manic Miner reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 01:21:08 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 31 May 2004 01:33 , Marius Gedminas <mgedmin@b4net.lt> sent:

>>  I expected python(point) to be the ideal solution given the fact that
>> it supports unicode, but there seems no way to get text in eg russian
>> or hebrew to display correctly. pythonpoint doesn't support ttf files
>> (I think), so I tried to convert the Arial and Lucida Unicode windows
>> fonts using ttf2pt1 (gnuwin32 package).
>
>You're on the wrong track here -- Type1 fonts will not help you.
>Reportlab supports UTF-8, but with TrueType fonts only (at least
>currently).

 Well, how does one embed TTF in a PDF doc? I thought PDF only uses its
own (Type1) fonts.
 If anyone has used pythonpoint to generate a eg. russian or chinese
document, on whatever platform, can you please share some short guidelines?

Thank you very much.

---- Msg sent via Spymac Mail - http://www.spymac.com