[reportlab-users] pythonpoint and unicode?

Marius Gedminas reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 11:41:44 +0300

--GID0FwUMdk1T2AWN

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 01:21:08AM -0600, Manic Miner wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2004 01:33 , Marius Gedminas <mgedmin@b4net.lt> sent:
> >You're on the wrong track here -- Type1 fonts will not help you.
> >Reportlab supports UTF-8, but with TrueType fonts only (at least
> >currently).
> >
>  Well, how does one embed TTF in a PDF doc? I thought PDF only uses its=
=20
> own (Type1) fonts.

The PDF spec allows embedded Type1, Type 3 and TrueType fonts.  The
specification is available on the Adobe website, if you're interested:

  http://partners.adobe.com/asn/tech/pdf/specifications.jsp

Reportlab also does font subsetting, so only glyphs that were actually
used in the document will be embedded in the PDF file.

>  If anyone has used pythonpoint to generate a eg. russian or chinese
> document, on whatever platform, can you please share some short guideline=
s?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
(define the-question (or (* 2 b) (not (* 2 b))))

--GID0FwUMdk1T2AWN

--GID0FwUMdk1T2AWN--