[reportlab-users] Image-Compression: drawImage() using PIL -> PDF very large

Patrick Ulmer reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:28:26 +0100

Hi,

thank you for the very fast response. I have try to backport your
changes in pdfutils.py, pdfimages.py, canvas.py and pdfdoc.py to 1.18,
because with newer versions I get the "no getRGBData()" error when
passing my PIL-Image to drawImage(). But PIL_Image has no method
fp.read() or fp.seek(), like ImageReader (I think 1.19 use ImageReader
instead of PILImage). No I found a hack for my problem under 1.18:

PIL_Image.open(cStringIO.StringIO(str(logo.data))).save("/opt/zope/Extensions/pic.jpg")
drawImage("/opt/zope/Extensions/pic.jpg", ......)

I want to try your changes in 1.19, but I don't know how to pass my
PIL_Image to drawImage()? How can I get the ImageReader-object from my
pil-object. It all so near but I can't get it :)