[reportlab-users] Creating outlines and bookmarks from Platypus?

Dave Kirby reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:05:55 +0000

--=======357834D3=======

Hi,

I downloaded reportlab a couple of days ago, and am just getting to grips
with it.  I have read through the docs and some of the example source code,
and it looks really cool.

One question I have (probably the first of many) is what is the best way to
generate outline/bookmark entries from Platypus?  The docs only show how to
generate them when using the canvas directly.  I know it can be done
because the userguide itself is created using Platypus, but I could not
find in the source code where it happens.

My guess it that the best way to do it would be to create an ActionFlowable
class that inserted a bookmark at the appropriate point, but I do not yet
know enough about the internals to be able to write one, and I would be
surprised if it had not been done already.

Sorry if this has been answered in the past, but the mailing list archive
is not searchable and my brief scan through did not throw up any posts on
this topic.

Regards,

Dave Kirby -  The Developers' Coach
Helping software professionals and teams achieve peak performance

email:    dave@thedeveloperscoach.com
UK Phone:  020 8352 2147
International Phone:  (+44) 20 8352 2147
web:      http://www.thedeveloperscoach.com - sign up for my new free
eZine, The Agile Developer's Life