[reportlab-users] Disable XML parsing in Paragraph(..)

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 07:44:32 +0100

> I'm attempting to generate PDF files on the fly with a text widget with
> contents sent to a platypus cgi. I don't need the xml paragraph formatting
> markup feature. How do I disable this feature?

There is no specific way to turn it off.  But if you don't
have any xml tags in your paragraph, you won't get any
special formatting.  Plain text input is both legal and
extremely fast to process.

What goes wrong when you initialize a paragraph with plain text?
Do you have lots of '<', '>' and '&' characters?

Thanks,

Andy Robinson