[reportlab-users] Disable XML parsing in Paragraph(..)

Chris Withers reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 08 Jul 2004 23:00:45 +0100

Hi Andy,

Andy Robinson wrote:

> What goes wrong when you initialize a paragraph with plain text?
> Do you have lots of '<', '>' and '&' characters?

Not lots, but the odd one or two seem to be cropping up. I get:

     *  Module reportlab.platypus.paragraph, line 379, in __init__
     * Module reportlab.platypus.paragraph, line 404, in _setup

xml parser error (bogus < or &) in paragraph beginning 'Faculty of Medicine &
Dentistr'

I guess I should quote < and & in stuff I send into paragraphs?

How about stuff I'm putting on with canv.drawString?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk