[reportlab-users] Table rendering with HTML colspan and rowspan

Bogdan M. Maryniuck reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 09:42:04 +0300

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 05:02:32PM +0200, Dirk Holtwick wrote:
> But I had some troubles that reportlab doesn't
> recognize these SPAN areas correctly.

Hmm. I think you will get some more (troubles) when ReportLab community
will change main Table class... Second, you _probably_ still have problems
to insert in spanned cell/row nested table with ordered list or image
etc. Then your nested object will not take effect to know cell is
expanded and still will fit as into non-spanned cell. At least this
problems are here, with current Tables implementation in RL.

Why you would not like to commit this code to the RL engine?
If it is buggy or so, we will fix it! But if there is good ideas, why
not?..

> the code is rather complex. for itself it makes no sence to make it
> public, because it wouldn't work. the calculation is quite tricky and I
> haven't yet finished the work on it. maybe I'll do that later some time.

But use of nested tables is quite good idea, since it will work anyway.
Probably I should move that way...

--
暮