[reportlab-users] Widget Libraries, anywhere??

Oliver Bleutgen reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:11:24 +0200

Andy Robinson wrote:

>>What do others think of this?
>

> This was one of the reasons why we split the sites,
> to make space for this stuff without impacting the
> corporate message.  I agree totally the community
> should help build it too, on past evidence we
> won't manage on our own :-)
>
> What kind of collaboration tools would work best?
> We could very easily stick up a Wiki. Or, we
> could make something more structured whereby
> people contributed "documents" - at minimum a page
> of content, but possibly downloads and examples - which
> went through some very basic checks before being loaded up
> (to prevent bad people sticking nasty programs up).

Hmm, why not just use sourceforge or a similar service and start a
project called, say "reportlab-contrib"?
Maybe using an alternative to sourceforge would be in order, because sf
seems to be more shaky as time progresses, e.g. I'm not able to do
anonymous CVS checkouts for several days now (fortunately, there's the
current.zip on reportlabs site).

Maybe http://developer.berlios.de/ would be an alternative, it's based
on the free version of the sourceforge software and offers web+php+mysql
access.

One could use the patch management system to accept contributions from
people not willing to join.

cheers,
oliver