[reportlab-users] tag handling in paragraphs.

Fri, 30 May 2003 10:38:14 +0100

In article <006801c3268c$a2057750$271f11ac@zwerschke>, Christoph
Zwerschke <zwerschke@zuv.uni-heidelberg.de> writes

>Robin, did you contemplate making the suggested additions for providing
>named entities for Latin-1 characters (such as &auml;)?
>
>Christoph
..... I did, but I need other people to comment on this issue before
going ahead. There are several issues.

1) We have an alternate para class which logically should be brought in
line with paragraph.

2) We have a pre-processor language rml which currently hands off
paragraph processing to the paragraph.py. If we are to bring that in
line it means quite a lot of work.

Ideally I would prefer to factor out the logic for these translations
and allow people to determine their own preferred set of things to has
as entities. If we do Latin-1, someone will demand their own things. I
still haven't coded up the check on what these translate to in the two
main encodings.