[reportlab-users] Re: Generating huge reports and memory consumption

Alessandro Praduroux reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 00:40:13 +0100

On Monday 06 January 2003 00:06, Alessandro Praduroux wrote:
> On Sunday 05 January 2003 12:17, Robin Becker wrote:
> > After all that effort it seems it was an extension after all. Seems I
> > have _rl_accel.pyd in two places on the office machine. After hearing
> > two people claim things were OK I retried at home with out the DLL and
> > things were OK. Seems _fp_str had a gaping hole.
> >
> > Those who need an immediate fix need to get the CVS version of
> > _rl_accel.c.
> >
> > I tested with up to 40000 pages and things seem to be OK.
> >
> > I'm not claiming there are no further leaks though :(
>
> the patch solved completely my problem, thx. Now I will try to get it
> incorporated in the debian woody package :)

Well, I replyed too fast :). with the patch applied, the problem is almost
completely gone, but I still see a slight increase in memory usage. My script
(that has been already posted here) continues to leak a little bit of memory
(going up from ~ 8000 RES to ~14000 RES printing 32000 pages).

That may be my setup, tho, since I am using a debian sid system and the patch
was applied to the debian packages (reportlab version 1.15). I will package
up for debian the latest CVS source and see if the problem persists.

--
Linux webmaster & sysadmin
pradu@pradu.it