[reportlab-users] Flowing Text Around a paragraph.

Harald Lux reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 17:24:44 +0100

Sonntag, 3. November 2002, 15:08 robin@reportlab.com wrote:

> Well I hacked this up mostly from memory. It seems to work for my simple
> test case,

> class ParagraphAndImage(Flowable):
>         '''combine a Paragraph and an Image'''
>         def __init__(self,P,I,xpad=3,ypad=3):
>                 self.P, self.style, self.I, self.xpad, self.ypad = P,P.style,I,xpad,ypad

thanks, this is working with my text too.

Would it be possible to extend this, so that instead of only one
paragraph a list of Paragraphs could flow around an image?

Paragraph1 Paragraph1 IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Paragraph1 Paragraph1 IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Paragraph1 Paragraph1 IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Paragraph1            IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
                      IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Paragraph2 Paragraph2 IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Paragraph2 Paragraph2 IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Paragraph2 Paragraph2 Paragraph2 Paragraph2
Paragraph2 Paragraph2 Paragraph2 Paragraph2

Also at the moment the image is vertical aligned to the bottom of the
paragraph. Would it be possible to align it to the top.

For an impression what I'm trying to do, see (ignore the German text
and the poor quality of the image for the moment)

http://www.lux.de/div/test.pdf

TIA
Harald

--
Harald Lux                      lux@lux.de
Sandkaule 5-7                   Tel.: +49 228 692325