[reportlab-users] page x of y using DocTemplate

Jade Meskill reportlab-users@reportlab.com
10 May 2002 11:51:27 -0700

I am trying to figure out how I can use a form to draw "Page x of y"
with y being the last page drawn.  I understand how to create the form,
and how to use the forward declaration, but I can't figure out how to
tell when I'm on the last page of the document so I can use that page
number as y.  Is there anything inside of the DocTemplate that will tell
me when I'm on the last page?  Or any other way to get this
information.  Once I call doc.build() the form must be created, but the
pages haven't been generated yet.  Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks!

--
Jade Meskill <jade.meskill@libertydistribution.com>
Liberty Distribution Company