[reportlab-users] RE: XML editing

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:08:43 +0100

Permit me to introduce two lists to each other :-)

Background for everyone: I gave a talk on Python to the
British Computer Society OOPS SIG on Wednesday.  ReportLab
was supposed to be a minor footnote but various people
there are playing with PythonPoint with a vengeance.
If any of the Mac users in the reportlab group can give Immo
and Malcolm pointers to decent XML editors, it would be
most welcome!

For Immo and friends:  Alexandre Fayolle is on this list
and pounds on me regularly to incorporate a preprocessor
in PythonPoint, and I fail to find the time.  We've also
got the possibility to use our pyRXP parser to validate
PythonPoint docs, even if we don't rewrite PythonPoint
to take advantage of it.    And Dinu Gherman is writing
really cool ReportLab GUIs for Mac OS X.

(Are you planning an upgrade to Mac OS X?  it seems to
me a more fruitful place to invest effort in Mac GUIs).

Best regards,

Andy Robinson

XMLEditors
http://www.nwfusion.com/downloads/html/sgp38.html

Help appreciated! For the time being, I will make do with the 16-day
evaluation of ElfData's imaginatively named XML Editor
(http://www.elfdata.com/xmleditor/).

Best regards,
Immo.