[reportlab-users] Wrong order of Filters in page streams

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:42:03 +0100

> > I can only presume that Acrobat either auto-detects or
> > totally ignores these parameters.
>
> The PDF that reportlab generated before the patch was valid
> PDF and did
> contain what it said, a stream that has to be flate-decoded and then
> ASCII85 decoded. It's just that if it's done in this order
> the ASCII85
> is completely unnecessary and just increases the file size.

You're right, one of my colleagues had rewritten and improved
this since my first implementation.  You delare the list of filters
you want and it applies them intelligently.

- Andy