[reportlab-users] Submit code changes for consideration

David Hughes reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:57 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

I've recently joined this list after getting involved in creating pdf
tables and charts using Reportlab in a wxPython project for the first time
and I'm *very* pleased with the way it has gone.

Possibly through my own ignorance, I found it necessary to make a few
small changes to the charting software to achieve what I wanted. Is there
a process for having these reviewed to see if they might be generally
useful?

The changes are:

1. Add UniCode type to the valid _isString types in lib/validators.py

2. To charts/barcharts.py, add "colorList = AttrMapValue(None, desc='List
of (lists of) color index numbers, one per data item.')" and associated
code to allow the colours of individual bars to be specified in similar
fashion to pie chart wedges.

3. To charts/piecharts.py, add code to avoid wedge labels overwriting each
other especially with a number of adjacent, thin wedges. I'll try and ftp
a before and after example of this to reportlab.com/incoming (....Yes,
just sent forestfield.zip that said it was received OK).

Regards,

David Hughes
Forestfield Software Ltd
www.forestfield.co.uk