[reportlab-users] Problem importing file using PageCatcher

Martin Skøtt reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:31:02 +0100

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:03:03PM -0000, Andy Robinson wrote:
> > Can anyone explain to me what might be wrong with the
> > document? I suspect that
> > it might be that a font (helvetica-light) isn't embedded
> > into the document. My
> > reason for suspecting this is that I have another file from
> > the same person,
> > but with the font embedded and it loads just fine.
>
> Aaron's offered to look at the file but there is one general
> rule to apply when this happens:  open your file in Acrobat,
> export to postscript , and then run through Distiller.  Then
> try again with the new PDF file.  Adobe have put more effort
> than us into cleaning up dodgy PDF files, and what comes out
> of Distiller always seems to work with PageCatcher.

I will have to get our visual guy (the one with the windows machine) to try
that tomorrow. I get an error message about an error in the document when I
open it using xpdf.
--
Med venlig hilsen
Martin Skøtt