[reportlab-users] Problem importing file using PageCatcher

Andy Robinson reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:03:03 -0000

> Can anyone explain to me what might be wrong with the
> document? I suspect that
> it might be that a font (helvetica-light) isn't embedded
> into the document. My
> reason for suspecting this is that I have another file from
> the same person,
> but with the font embedded and it loads just fine.

Aaron's offered to look at the file but there is one general
rule to apply when this happens:  open your file in Acrobat,
export to postscript , and then run through Distiller.  Then
try again with the new PDF file.  Adobe have put more effort
than us into cleaning up dodgy PDF files, and what comes out
of Distiller always seems to work with PageCatcher.

You may not need Adobe tools on your server, but they're very
handy to have around if you are working seriously with PDF :-)

Thanks,

Andy Robinson