[reportlab-users] Changing PDF margins?

Dan Wolfe reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 00:32:37 -0800

Howdy,

I'm a relative newbie to report lab and PDF generation, and have a
question that I'm hoping someone might be able to answer or at least
point me in the right direction...

I'm creating a double sided document that when printed needs to line up
with it's counterpart on the other side.  While I can adjust the margin
offsets of the first and second pages in the PDF document to
compensate, the problem is that the offsets are not the same for every
printer. And since the documents go to a bank of printers, there's no
way to know which printer the job will go to when the document is
created.... and even then it might change depending on the
circumstances.

What I'm hoping I can do is make a master copy with no offsets, and
then tweak the offsets depending on which printer the job is being sent
to. Is there a way of tweaking the PDF margins after the PDF is
created?  Or do I need to use PageCatcher to do this?

Thanks for any advice/pointers you can provide.

- Dan Wolfe