[reportlab-users] Changing PDF margins?

Dinu Gherman reportlab-users@reportlab.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:05:44 +0100

Dan Wolfe:

> What I'm hoping I can do is make a master copy with no offsets, and
> then tweak the offsets depending on which printer the job is being
> sent to. Is there a way of tweaking the PDF margins after the PDF is
> created?  Or do I need to use PageCatcher to do this?

Very briefly: reusing existing PDF files with ReportLab technology
today implies purchasing a PageCatcher license, yes, and it should
be able to solve your problem, too. I.e. iff you have a comprehen-
sive list of offsets.

Someone on this list started to compile such a list maybe a year
ago or so. Due to a "provider switch" for this mailing list, the
old archives might not be easily available, though... I hope, Andy
or someone can point them out to you.

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"Political satire became obsolete when Henry Kissinger was awarded