[DogParkList] Re: cocoaModem

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Fri Aug 26 08:13:33 EDT 2005

Hi David,

On 26-Aug-05, at 7:39 AM, David Ferrington wrote:

> Sounds like a recommendation to me, especially if that's the way Mr
> Agro
> does it - I'm convinced :-)

I haven't compared it to the other methods, but it does work for me.

> On same subject then, I have a G4 with audio out & in (headphone/mic
> sockets). I see recommendation is to use an iMic, does that still
> apply when
> using SignaLink too?

Again - there may be better options but I use a dedicated iMic and
SignaLink for my old IC-756 and it gives me no trouble. I just turn
off the SL-1 or unplug it from the radio between sessions so that no
stray audio into the iMic keys the rig unintentionally.

I think Chen would tell you that there are audio units with better
resolution than the iMic - which would help in weak signal situations
but for casual use the iMic works great.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com