[DogParkList] Re: cocoaModem

Lon Kinley majorlk at us.net
Fri Aug 26 08:05:48 EDT 2005

At 9:00 AM +0100 8/26/05, David Ferrington wrote:
>On 26/8/05 1:25 am, "dogparklist-request at dogparksoftware.com"
><dogparklist-request at dogparksoftware.com> sent:
>
>not sure if this or Ham-Mac is best place to ask, but I'll start here.
>Would have asked developer, but don't email.
>
>Just thinking of getting into digital modes and obviously looking at
>cocoaModem, reading about interface to rig.
>I have a microHam for my FT-857 and I know from some experimentation with
>MLDX that I can key PTT via the DATA connector on the back from MLDX (using
>the Keyer). Don't see anything in the manual about using a microHam to
>control PTT.
>Anyone know/use a microHam to do this?

Yea, MicroHam can key the rig via the ACC2 connector, however not
with Cocoamodem. Cocoamodem keys via VOX and there's no way to get it
to key via the ACC@ connector. I've already been down that road with
the author.

MultiMode will key via the ACC2 connector, however.

73,

Lon - N3ZKP
Baltimore, Maryland