[DogParkList] Re: cocoaModem

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Fri Aug 26 07:03:58 EDT 2005

Hi David,

On 26-Aug-05, at 4:00 AM, David Ferrington wrote:

> On 26/8/05 1:25 am, "dogparklist-request at dogparksoftware.com"
> <dogparklist-request at dogparksoftware.com> sent:
>
> not sure if this or Ham-Mac is best place to ask, but I'll start here.
> Would have asked developer, but don't email.
>
> Just thinking of getting into digital modes and obviously looking at
> cocoaModem, reading about interface to rig.
> I have a microHam for my FT-857 and I know from some
> experimentation with
> MLDX that I can key PTT via the DATA connector on the back from
> MLDX (using
> the Keyer). Don't see anything in the manual about using a microHam to
> control PTT.
> Anyone know/use a microHam to do this?

The microHAM interface expects RTS to control PTT and DTR to generate
the CW.

I use the audio vox built into the SignaLink SL1 to key the PTT when
transmitting from cocoaModem.

<http://www.tigertronics.com/sl+main.htm>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com