[DogParkList] Shuttle Xpress

Laszlo Igali laciga at mac.com
Mon Jul 25 15:57:24 EDT 2005

Dear Don,

It is still a pleasure to use your software, with the continuous
enhancement and tremendous support, I might add.

I was wondering, if anyone on the list had experience with using the
Shuttle Xpress jog-dial with your software. I use it mainly for video
and audio editing, and I noticed the resemblance of the control knob
to the markV controls.
My question is: is there any better profile than I've made for the
above control dial, or is there any keyboard equivalent of moving the
VFO frequency up/down with smaller increments? Please feel free to
experiment with the inlcuded setting, the jog left/right moves the
VFO freq down/up, the shuttle zone does up/down with an incremental
speed (I hope).
Button 1 - split toggle, Button 5- add to VFO stack.

The benefit of this would be to have a good 'remote' for tuning the
radio (any radio probably), with similar controls you have on the
gadget.

The reason for me doing this is that I had to put the radio on the
top shelf above my desk, and  reaching the controls a little bit
inconvenient on the long run. The most used VFO shuttle jog dial at
my fingertips, that would be the icing on the cake....
One more question for Don: Is there also a keyboard equivalent to
toggle the VFOs (A-B)?
best wishes, 73 de
Laszlo Igali
M3IGA