[DogParkList] Re: Shuttle Xpress

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Mon Jul 25 16:11:30 EDT 2005

Hi Laszlo,

On 25-Jul-05, at 3:57 PM, Laszlo Igali wrote:

> Dear Don,
>
> It is still a pleasure to use your software, with the continuous
> enhancement and tremendous support, I might add.

Thank you.

> I was wondering, if anyone on the list had experience with using
> the Shuttle Xpress jog-dial with your software. I use it mainly for
> video and audio editing, and I noticed the resemblance of the
> control knob to the markV controls.
> My question is: is there any better profile than I've made for the
> above control dial, or is there any keyboard equivalent of moving
> the VFO frequency up/down with smaller increments?

Yes, there is a table on this page for keyboard modifiers...

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/
controlwindow.html#VFO>

VFO Keys and Modifiers:

In general, the shift key makes the adjustment finer by a factor of
10, and the Option key makes the adjustment coarser by a factor of 10.
Control                  Shift Key Down  Unmodified Control Option
Key Down
VFO Slider                  +- 0.01 kHz     +-  0.1 kHz     +-1.00 kHz
VFO Up Arrow                + 10.00 kHz     + 100.0 kHz     + 1.00 MHz
VFO Down Arrow              + 10.00 kHz     - 100.0 kHz     - 1.00 MHz
Keyboard Up Arrow           +  0.10 kHz     +   1.0 kHz     + 10.0 kHz
Keyboard Down Arrow         -  0.10 kHz     -   1.0 kHz     - 10.0 kHz
Keyboard Right Arrow        +  0.50 kHz     +   5.0 kHz     + 50.0 kHz
Keyboard Left Arrow         -  0.50 kHz     -   5.0 kHz     - 50.0 kHz

> Please feel free to experiment with the inlcuded setting, the jog
> left/right moves the VFO freq down/up, the shuttle zone does up/
> down with an incremental speed (I hope).
> Button 1 - split toggle, Button 5- add to VFO stack.
>
> The benefit of this would be to have a good 'remote' for tuning the
> radio (any radio probably), with similar controls you have on the
> gadget.
>
> The reason for me doing this is that I had to put the radio on the
> top shelf above my desk, and  reaching the controls a little bit
> inconvenient on the long run. The most used VFO shuttle jog dial at
> my fingertips, that would be the icing on the cake....
> One more question for Don: Is there also a keyboard equivalent to
> toggle the VFOs (A-B)?

Not at the moment.

> best wishes, 73 de
> Laszlo Igali
> M3IGA

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com