[Scons-dev] Formal proposal

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sat Feb 9 17:48:32 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM, William Deegan <bill at baddogconsulting.com>wrote:

> I'd vote for 2.7 if we're moving forward.

> Gary - will it be an issue moving any of the platforms u need to 2.7?

> (SGI?)

> We dumped the SGI a few years ago. Still have to support RHEL4, but I

think as a legacy OS it can just stay with a legacy SCons. We can always
backport any hi-priority fixes to the 2.2 line.

What do we gain specifically by desupporting 2.6? Do things become easier?
I guess I like Jason's idea of trying for 2.6, but if we find anything
that's ugly or difficult or hurts performance or whatever, we drop 2.6 and
go for 2.7. But of course if you know of 2.6 issues already, then I'm fine
with 2.7.

--
Gary