[reportlab-users] setup.py findFile() logic fragile to symlink loops

Michał Górny mgorny at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 28 08:33:14 EDT 2022

On Mon, 2022-03-28 at 11:26 +0100, Robin Becker wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> can you try the attached patch. I tested locally with an artificially bad setup with plenty of loops. It failed
> initially, but worked with the new code on linux/windows10.
>
> It fixes both findFile and listFiles.
>
> I am isolating with a positive lateral flow today so there might be some obvious flaw.

I've asked one of the users reproducing this to test the patch, and he
confirmed that it works fine.  Thanks!

That said, I'd personally avoid the 'SD.__self__' part and just kept
the actual list as a variable.  I'm not 100% sure but I think this could
qualify relying on implementation details, and therefore could break
at some point in the future.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny