[reportlab-users] Surprising clash of encoders with pikepdf (with patch)

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Jan 12 05:00:36 EST 2022

On 12/01/2022 08:13, Lennart Regebro via reportlab-users wrote:
> So, the missing characters like BREVE were indeed missing and overlooked,
> and this has been fixed now:
>
> https://github.com/qpdf/qpdf/issues/606
>
> As for the other undefined characters, they are listed in Appendix D in
> such a way that I think it's reasonable to just pass them through, even
> though they are undefined, although raising an error is also reasonable. It
> is, after all undefined...

Hi Lennart,

yes that was my conclusion as well after looking at the U values. So in conclusion I will add the initial U values
^@..^W and also the three specials 0x7f, 0x9f & 0xad as pass through bytes. I see this gets done in qpdf so will have to
wait for a while until distros catch up. However, I can presumably create a local test to see if it gets through OK.