[reportlab-users] deprecation warning

Christoph Zwerschke cito at online.de
Fri Mar 19 07:57:26 EDT 2021

On 19.03.2021 12:05, Robin Becker wrote:
>> If you run flake8 on the source, you should find all such instances
>> of invalid escape sequences (reported as warning W605). > I just ran pylint and have 30000 + warnings and errors about 500
> hours work should fix it adding flake can't make the work any better
The warnings should also show when you're using an IDE like PyCharm or
VS Studio Code. Of course it's difficult to completely cleanup a large
legacy code base. One strategy is to just cleanup the code you're
currently working on, following the boy-scout rule - always leaving the
code behind in a better state than you found it, or to concentrate on
one issue at a time, like W605 - you can always filter your flake8 or
pylint output for a special warning. You can also exclude less relevant
warnings in flake8 or pylint, and concentrate on the more important
ones, and then gradually add rules to the config. Another strategy to
avoid the formatting related warnings is to use automatic formatting
with "black".

-- Christoph