[reportlab-users] JustifyRight in ParagraphStyle

Moshe Uminer mosheduminer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 17:25:31 EDT 2021

Hi Robin,

Thanks for taking a look!

Package versions:
reportlab==3.5.65
pyfribidi==0.12.0

The font used in the repro is Libre David (though the behavior is the same
with other fonts as well). Downloadable from google fonts here
https://fonts.google.com/specimen/David+Libre

Reproduction code:

```
from reportlab.platypus import Paragraph

from reportlab.lib.enums import TA_JUSTIFY

from reportlab.pdfbase import pdfmetrics
from reportlab.pdfbase.ttfonts import TTFont
from reportlab.lib.pagesizes import LETTER
from reportlab.lib.styles import ParagraphStyle, getSampleStyleSheet

from reportlab.platypus.doctemplate import SimpleDocTemplate

pdfmetrics.registerFont(TTFont("David", "DavidLibre-Regular.ttf"))

text = "שלום! זו תהיה פסקה שהשורה האחרונה שלה לא תוצדק כהלכה. "
text = text * 2

doc = SimpleDocTemplate(
    "repro.pdf",
    pagesize=LETTER,
    rightMargin=72,
    leftMargin=72,
    topMargin=72,
    bottomMargin=72,
)
styles = getSampleStyleSheet()
normal_hebrew = ParagraphStyle(
    parent=styles["Normal"],
    name="NormalHebrew",
    wordWrap="RTL",
    alignment=TA_JUSTIFY,
    fontName="David",
    fontSize=14,
)

flowables = [Paragraph(text, normal_hebrew)]

doc.build(flowables)

```

Thank you for looking into this!

(Sorry, I accidentally sent my reply only to you, hence I am resending).