[reportlab-users] Online test in reportlab-3.6.0

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Aug 6 05:10:18 EDT 2021

> Just those failed in the build log, they should be
>
> ERROR: test9 (test_lib_utils.ImporterTestCase)
> ERROR: test0 (test_platypus_general.PlatypusTestCase)
> ERROR: test0 (test_platypus_images.PlatypusImagesTestCase)

Hi Antonio, I have checked with the preceding version (head of the py-2-3 breanch) and I agree with that list. I get
three errors when I test offline with python 3.6.12 or python 3.10.0b4.

So 1) I don't understand why the error has only just appeared for you and 2) I agree we should just test the logic of
open_for_read rather than the internet connection. I made some changes to the open_for_read code and after patching
tests with a mock I can get all the tests to run off and on line.

So how would ypu prefer we proceed; do you want to test a patch or should I create a new set of wheels for version 3.6.1?