[reportlab-users] Oversaturated, wrong colours in PDF generated with Reportlab

Stefano Salati ste.salati at protonmail.com
Wed Apr 14 13:05:03 EDT 2021

Hello,
I'm including several images (JPEG, RGB, color profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1) in a pdf using the drawImage() method. The images are exported with Adobe Lightroom. I'm using MacOS BigSur.
In the resulting pdf all images have oversaturated colours if the pdf is opened with MacOS Preview, and normal colours if opened with, say, Google Chrome.
I searched in the Reportlab docs but I cannot find anything that can help me here. Does it have anything to do with the pdf document config or the way images are included?

I don't think it's got anything to do with the images themselves because, if I create a pdf with some other sw, say MacOS Keynote, colours are fine.
Also interesting: if I open the file gerenated with Reportlab with MacOS Preview and export it as pdf, all colours are "fixed".

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!