[reportlab-users] Current version number

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Mar 10 11:24:29 EDT 2020

On 09/03/2020 15:37, Christoph Zwerschke wrote:
> The CHANGES.md in the current repository mentions 3.5.41 as current version, but PyPI has only 3.5.34.
>
> Since you're using Travis already, you should consider adding automatic PyPI deployment:
> docs.travis-ci.com/user/deployment/pypi/

we use travis  appveyor for building; we upload the created wheels to our own pypi which you can see here

https://www.reportlab.com/pypi

you just need to register a login on that site to download the wheels.

> Also, the current setup.py sets __version__ = '3.5.25', while src/reportlab/__init__.py sets __version__ = '3.5.41'. I
> think that duplicate __version__ in setup.yp should be removed because it is confusing when you forget to update it and  > it is not used anyway. At first I believed to have downloaded the wrong version.

that's a good idea. I will remove before the next build; we extract the wheel version from __init__.py