[reportlab-users] Slightly confused with setFillGray

Frank frank at chagford.com
Wed Jan 15 08:45:41 EST 2020

Hi all

This is a minor point, but I want to make sure I understand it.

I thought that setFillGray(0), setFillColorRGB(0, 0 ,0), and
setFillColor(colors.black) were interchangeable.

I have discovered that, if you have previously executed
setFillColor(colors.transparent), alpha is set to 0.

If you then execute any of the above commands, only
setFillColor(colors.black) resets the alpha value. The other two do not,
resulting in text being invisible.

Am I missing something?

Frank Millman