[reportlab-users] issue moving from 3.4.0 to latest

James PK jamespk at reportlab.com
Fri Sep 6 10:13:40 EDT 2019

 > I'm upgrading reportlab from 3.4.0 to 3.5.x issue with _do_post_text()

You have upgraded reportlab, I assume that your Python version is still
the same.

Is the 'issue' an exception or that the output looks different in 3.5.x?

 > which is returning a string of zero length ('') and not a number.
 > I can fix the issue by changing the lw value to 0 (zero).

 From the repository it looks like _usCon() (added in commit in March
2018) and it does look like its intention is to return a number.

Do you have a slimmed down source file your could email for testing
purposes?

James