[reportlab-users] issue moving from 3.4.0 to latest

johnf johnf at jfcomputer.com
Thu Sep 5 22:13:22 EDT 2019

  Hi everyone,

  I'm upgrading reportlab from 3.4.0 to 3.5.x issue with _do_post_text()

I'm upgrading reportlab from 3.4.0 to 3.5.x and there is a change in
paragraph.py -> _do_post_text(). In that method there is a line of code:

lw = _isConv(w,values,default=tx._defaultLineWidth)

which is returning a string of zero length ('') and not a number. I can
fix the issue by changing the lw value to 0 (zero).

But I wonder where I should be looking for the root of the issue???? Is
it in my rxml file. The file print fine with reportlab 3.4.0.

Johnf