[reportlab-users] Reportlab PDF viewer

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Jul 24 04:50:57 EDT 2019

Hi Paul,

The ReportLab toolkit doesn't provide a viewer, but your python3 process could
open a viewer using eg os.system or the subprocess module. That of course
requires you to have a viewer installed in your linux.

On my ubuntu I can do this inside a python3 script

os.system("/usr/bin/evince ./z....er/rml/narf/logo.pdf >/dev/null 2>&1 &")

and evince opens in my main display.