[reportlab-users] pdf/x1a with ReportLab

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed May 23 09:15:31 EDT 2018

There is no "software switch" to do it. These standards are usually
about what you include (or don't) in your document.  Ask for the
specific problems from them.

Wikipedia says:  "For example, in PDF/X-1a all fonts need to be
embedded and all images need to be CMYK or spot colors".

Are you using the built-in font names, Helvetica / Times Roman /
Courier?  If so, modern standards ask for the actual font files to be
embedded to guarantee portability.  So, switch to an embedded TrueType
font and it will probably make them happy right away.

If it's colours, we have examples on how to do CMYK in the manual.
"CMYK Black" is still different to RGB black.

- Andy