[reportlab-users] A ReportLab Book

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Feb 16 18:30:28 EST 2018

On 16 February 2018 at 22:57, Mike Driscoll <mike at pythonlibrary.org> wrote:
> Hi Dinu,
>
> It would be fun to write the book with ReportLab. That would be really meta.
> I am actually writing it in Markdown basically as that makes it easy for
> Leanpub to convert it to an attractive format for PDF, epub and mobi
> formats. I do use Python to generate parts of the book in other ways though.

I think authoring in either Markdown or ReStructuredText makes perfect
sense, but we would love the chance to help write some code to lay it
out camera-ready using ReportLab - ideally a bit nearer the time as we
have heavy projects underway until mid May.    About 18 years ago we
did a demo for O'Reilly, laying out book source in their house style
from the source (DocBook).

- Andy