[reportlab-users] Large table with totals in page footer

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Mar 29 12:07:37 EDT 2017

On 29/03/2017 14:41, Tony Middleton via reportlab-users wrote:
> I am trying to create a document with a multipage table.  At the bottom
> of each page I need a footer which includes some information derived
> from rows printed on that page.  I am using the Table() class and rows
> are variable height so I don't know which rows will print on a page.

I don't think this can be done terribly easily with the existing table class; a
derived class will be needed, but whether that's from the Table or some element
class included in the rendered rows is hard to say.

Logically if you know the height of the extra information then it seems
reasonable to add something in the split method ie when the table splits some
ectra information can be detected and arrangements made to put that into a
specific location.