[reportlab-users] Is it possible to insert mailto address in paragraphs

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Mon Nov 7 04:41:23 EST 2016

On 07/11/2016 08:48, Alain Aupeix wrote:
> Le 03/11/2016 à 11:19, Robin Becker a écrit :
>> On 03/11/2016 10:02, Alain Aupeix wrote:
>>> Hi, I use reportlab, and platypus Paragraph
>.........paragraphs.py test and it seems to work.
>>
>>> This should be a mailto link <a
>>> href="mailto:reportlab-users at lists2.reportlab.com"><font
>>> color="blue">reportlab-users at lists2.reportlab.com</font></a>.
> Hi, thanks for the answer, it works fine.
> I can't explain why I failed ...
>
> Another question about links, always with same libraries.
> I generate pdf of emails, and I insert links for the attachments which are saved
> in the same folder than the pdf.
> I success when I give the complete path, but when I just givr the filename, if
> it doesn't fail when creating the pdf, the reader (evince) failed to open it,
> saying it doesn't found it.
>
> That works:
Hi Alain,

I tried various versions of the file: link with or without the // etc etc. All
were seen as links by Acrobat reader, but none resulted in it opening a file in
my browser. The only successes I had were absolute paths. On windows the
successful links always asked two permissions, one from acrobat reader and then
another from windows. The unsuccessful attempst always asked just one question
(from acrobat reader). I suspect it may be impossible to get the relative links
to work.